Tel: 01833 627242
- Arrival. We open at 10am (Summer). There is parking for both coaches and cars in our car park. We recommend your coach drops your group at the top of our site at the Entrance to the Country Park.
- Paying for your visit. Pay at the Ticket Office by cheque, credit card or cash.
- Supervision. We provide certain activities for your group, like the educational talks and animal handling. We ask you to ensure that your children are attentive and not disruptive during these activities. At other times we assume you will supervise your group with the adequate numbers of staff as they visit the rest of the site.
- Activites. Thorpe Farm is relevant in many different ways to the National Curriculum based study. We have proposed activities to be carried out on your visit however please feel free to bring your own ideas along too! If we can tailor our programme to your individual requirements - will will do so. Please phone and speak to a member of our team.
- Clothing. We recommend suitable outdoor clothing according to the time of year (wellies needed in wet weather). We try to keep the site as clean as any school playing field, however whilst in the animal areas you must expect the usual hazards under foot!
- Allergies and Pregnancy. We recommend those who fit into these categories to take extra precautions. Lambing ewes or new lams should not be touched by pregnant ladies.
We strongly urge visitors to wash their hands after touching the animals.
- Here at Thorpe Farm we take Health and Safety very seriously. Please view our Risk Assessment.
We want you group to enjoy their visit to Thorpe Farm but most importantly we want it to be of educational value. If you have any queries please contact us on 01833 627242.